For All the Saints
Praise and Thanksgiving Hymn of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Hymn number 82
Download: Entire Book (PDF)
Download: This Page (PDF)
1. For all the Saints who from their labors rest,
Who thee by faith before the world confessed,
Thy name, O Jesus, be forever blest.
2. Oh, may thy soldiers, faithful, true, and bold,
— Fight as the Saints who nobly fought of old,
And win with them the victor’s crown of gold.
3. Thou art our rock, our fortress, and our might;
Thou, Lord, our captain in the well-fought fight;
Thou, in the darkness drear, our one true light.
4. And when the strife is fierce, the warfare long,
Steals on the ear the distant triumph song,
And hearts are brave again, and arms are strong.
5. From earth’s wide bounds, from ocean’s farthest coast,
Through gates of pearl streams in the countless host,
— Singing to Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
Text: William Walsham How, 1823–1897, alt.
Music: SINE NOMINE, by Ralph Vaughan Williams, 1872–1958. From the English Hymnal. Reproduced by permission of CopyCat Music Licensing, LLC, on behalf of Oxford University Press. All rights reserved.
2 Timothy 4:7–8